Music and Stuff

Hello, and welcome to this blog , the perfect place to find reviews of all types of music; rock, electronic, hip hop, and others, reviewed by a teenager completely immersed in all music. Here I will review classic albums, both famous and obscure. So, enjoy my opinions.

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Low: David Bowie, 1977

The first time I heard this I almost threw it out the window. It creeped me out. But I'm not saying this is a bad album. It's amazing. It just...it's weird. You will have to keep in mind that when I heard this, I had about five songs by him: Ziggy Stardust, Suffragette City, The Man Who Sold the World, Changes, and Life on Mars? . This sound was new to me. For those of you who don't know what this sounds like (Or don't really care enough to look the songs up), then I'll do the best I can. This the first Bowie album to have an instrumental (6 of 11 are instrumental), and the first to feature the greatest producer ever, Brian Eno (Agree with me on that or I'll hunt you down and...Actually, I don't know exactly what I would do, but you wouldn't like it at all), who turned Bowie on to bands like Kraftwerk, Harmonia, Cluster, and Can. This enabled them to get a new sound; Bowie goes to Germany. Electronics are used frequently, and vocals are short and usually heavily treated. This album was Bowie's second step towards cementing himself in the outer regions of rock music, but he stayed there, and the world loved it.
Four and a half stars of five.

No comments:

Post a Comment